We recently blogged about picture frames we bought at a yard sale and how we spray painted them white to create a cozy reading corner in our post “Designer Walls on a Garage Sale Budget.” We always take lots of behind the scenes pictures for all the projects we work on and we thought you’d enjoy seeing a short video (15 seconds to be exact) on the order each frame went up on the wall and some other details. See the video here.
Here’s how we hung our frames:
- Start with the frame beside the back of the chair to determine the height for the entire wall display.
- Next, hang the larger frame above it.
- Move on to the small ornate frame, followed by the square frame above it.
- The oval medallion is next, and finally the small square frame.
- We hung the “HOME” letters inside the large frame to fill some of the wall space.
The beauty of this asymmetrical look is that it’s easy to recreate. No measuring was required and we left enough wall space between the frames to keep the look nice and fresh. The frames are light and we only used one Déco Nail per frame. To help you find the perfect arrangement for your frame, we always recommend arranging them on the floor first. You’ll be amazed how helpful it is with figuring out where to position each frame.
Is this a look you’d recreate in your house? Let us know!
Make sure to sign up to receive our blog posts so you can have them delivered straight to your inbox.
I’m passionate about picture hanging and wall decorating (and I’m also the Co-Founder of Under The Roof Decorating)