Does your holiday decorating list involve finally hanging those picture frames you have leaning against empty walls, or stacked in a storage room? As an interior designer, my clients always ask me to hang their pictures for them – because they simply can’t hang pictures with their partner without getting in an argument. Here are the top 7 reasons couples give me why they won’t hang their own pictures…
- “I can’t hang pictures with my husband because we often end up arguing about how high or how low to hang them”.
- “I have to wait till my partner is in the “mood” to ask for help to hang a picture or two.”
- “My husband & I get frustrated and don’t talk to each other for hours after hanging stuff on walls.”
- “My wife insists that I be the one to hammer the nails in so she can blame me if the art is hanging crooked.”
- “My husband and I are terrified of putting holes in our new walls! We usually only get the nerve to do it when we’re forced because company is coming over.”
- “It takes me three months to decide on where to hang artwork; meanwhile my husband will hammer without thinking. You can just imagine where that leads…”
- “My partner and I don’t have a clue on where and how to hang things. As it stands, we moved into our house over two years ago and about half of our artwork is still sitting in the storage room.”
Artwork is hard to enjoy if every time you look at it you’re reminded of the argument that came with hanging it up. Hanging pictures doesn’t have to be a recipe for disaster or a one-way ticket to couples counselling.
My own fear of hanging pictures led me to build an entire business around picture hanging. Our first product was a picture hanging tool “Hang & Level” that marks exactly where to hang your art. We’ve now developed an even easier way to hang pictures – using frames you simply push into the wall to hang. See how it works:
But I didn’t stop with “better”….With our new Place&Push Frames, the arguments can be avoided all together. With this new technology there’s no complicated measurements. It’s so easy to use that you don’t have to wait for your partner to be in the right mood to hang pictures — you can do it all by yourself!
Happy argument-free hanging!
P.S. I’m thrilled to announce that our frames are now sold at select Walmart stores in Texas and Arkansas and they’re also available for purchase from our online store. (Bonus – they’re MUCH cheaper than a marriage therapist!) I’ll keep you posted as we add more retailers.
These picture frames would be the perfect gift to a loved one who just purchased a house or to someone who has recently repainted their walls.
Happy early holidays!
C0-Founder of Under The Roof Decorating
Make sure to sign up to receive our decor and design blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.