Hanging a large framed picture, mirror or big piece of art doesn’t have to be complicated. With the right tools, a few simple steps and a friend to help, you’ll have your piece hung in no time.
In this example, we’ll show you how to hang a large picture with D-rings, which is the typical hanging hardware you’ll find on many large or heavy items.
It’s important not to take any chances with a large piece. Avoid accidents by using hardware designed to hold the weight securely. Always check the packaging for hardware specifications.
What You’ll Need:
- Painter’s Tape or SpacerStrips
- 2 DécoScrews or DécoNails
- Small level
- Hang & Level - The picture hanging tool
- A helper
1. Placing Your Frame
- Have your helper hold the frame against the wall while you step back and determine the right spot on the wall.
- Once you’ve found the right spot, mark the height of the frame with a horizontal piece of tape on the top edge
2. Find the spot for the first screw or nail
- Place the first D-Ring onto the single hook of the Hang & Level and with your helper, place the frame and tool against the wall.
- Line up the frame using the tape on the wall to make sure it’s at the right height. ( Note: If the tool’s handle doesn’t clear the top of the frame, angle it sideways. You’ll get the same results.).
- Use a small level on top of the frame to make sure it’s straight.
3. Install the first screw
- Once the frame is in the right spot, keep the tool on the wall while your helper takes the picture down.
- Press the single button to mark where the screw goes.
- Install the first screw.
- With your helper, place the frame on the wall, and hang it on the first screw. Place the other D-Ring onto the single hook of the Hang & Level.
- Place a level on top of the frame, and move the Hang & Level vertically until the bubble is in the middle, to ensure it’s straight.
- Once again, have your partner remove the frame while you keep the tool in place, and press the single button to mark the spot.
5. Install the second screw & hang your frame
- Repeat the steps above to install the second screw.
- With your helper, hang the frame onto the two screws and remove the tape from the wall. And you're done!
Thanks for hanging out with us!