Have you ever received a present so beautifully wrapped that you didn’t want to open it? It’s a wonderful feeling to know that as much attention was given to the wrapping as it was to the gift itself. That’s why we thought we’d share some easy gift wrapping tips to kick off the holiday season that's right around the corner.
Although the bulk of gift wrapping activities take place during the holidays, there are many occasions throughout the year where gift wrapping skills come in handy. If you don’t have the gift wrapping gene, don’t worry, we've got you covered. Let’s get started with these easy tips from the pros that will make your life easier any time you need to wrap something up.
In the video below, learn how to perfectly wrap a box the easy way. Fast forward to 45 seconds to view the most important info such as:
- Using the right amount of paper – using too much of it makes presents look bulky.
- Make neat folds – it gives the ends a crisp tailored look.
- Use double-sided tape – hiding the tape puts the focus on the paper versus on how much tape is used.
In our opinion, a gift is not complete without a pretty bow to steal the show. Reach for some ribbon to practice your newly acquired bow tying skills.
We love beautifully wrapped gifts, so we're always on the lookout for unique ways to make gifts special. If you’re like us, you’ll enjoy these 24 creative gift wrapping ideas and name tags by Real Simple. They’re truly real simple, fun and budget friendly too.
Just in case you need more wrapping tips or advice, here’s how we keep our wrapping sessions relatively stress-free during the crazy holiday season:
- Stock up on gift wrapping supplies, and keep them handy and all in the same place. It’ll speed things up when you’re ready to wrap. Before you buy, shop your house first to see what you already have, and fill in as you need. If you find supplies on sale, don’t be afraid to load up – there’s no expiry date on tape or ribbon!
- Don’t wail until the last minute to wrap. We've done that many times. It takes all the fun out of gift wrapping, and you end up with gifts looking like they were wrapped by a toddler.
- Set aside blocks of time over a few days or weeks to get most of your wrapping done. Or, wrap presents as you buy them if it works for you.
- Put on some Christmas music, make yourself a nice cup of coffee/tea or pour yourself a generous glass of wine and get wrapping. It’ll instantly put you in a wrapping mood and you’ll get things done quickly and beautifully.
- Finally, here’s a piece of gift wrapping advice we wish all gifters of big families would know: assign each family member a gift color, or a specific patterned paper to keep a large family organized.
Image source: Pinterest
It may be early for some people to be thinking about Christmas, but let's be real - Christmas is always on our minds! For our gift wrapping this year, we’ve chosen polka dot paper of different colours. This look is fun, quirky and stylish at the same time.
If you’re on the hunt for more great perfectly wrapped presents that wow your loved ones, head on over to our holiday Pinterest board where you’ll find lots of creative and colorful wrapping ideas.
That’s a wrap for us!
Follow us on Instagram for daily photos we post about decorating. See you there!