Transform your house from summer to fall in five minutes! For an instant makeover for your living room simply add pillows, lots of pillows, and if you really want to make things complicated, you can add a throw.
I was at Pier 1 Imports recently, and I found myself in pillow heaven. They had pillows in all colors, shapes, and fabric, covered with fun whimsical designs, sparkles, and embroidery — you name it, they had it. This fall’s trend is not about matching pillows to your sofa, in fact it’s almost best if you don’t. As you can see in these pictures, everything works, even if it doesn’t match. It’s all about adding warm fabric and deep saturated colors to your room to cozy up your space for winter and injecting some fun into your room. The turkey in one of the pillows will make for a great conversation starter at Thanksgiving!
What’s your style?
- Lover of bling? Try this wide-eyed sequin owl pillow, velvet embroidered cushion and leopard throw.
- Going for relaxed casual? Add this charming “Family” appliqué pillow and a super soft plum chenille throw to your family room.
- Is seasonal vintage your style? Mix this retro inspired harvest pumpkin pillow with a sequinned turkey cushion.
- Looking for glam? Embellish a fun giraffe print slipper chair with a gold beaded medallion pillow.
- Are you a fan of metallics? Glam up your sofa with this intricate gold pattern white pillow and gold chenille throw.
Most of all, have fun with it — pillows are an inexpensive way to add personality to a room without breaking the bank.
Don’t miss any of the great tips that we post on our blog every day! Sign up here and we’ll send new blog posts straight to your inbox.
Interior decorator turned inventor turned entrepreneur.