Every room in your house can be beautifully decorated, including the bathroom. Create a focal point by hanging pictures over the towel bar.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Display one large piece or a combination of pieces that are at least 2/3 or equivalent to the towel bar’s width.
- Center your artwork with the towel bar.
- Placement is important. Don’t hang your art too close to the bar as it could get damaged every time you reach for a towel but don’t hang it so high that it’s floating on the wall.
- Humidity: Art’s Worst Enemy. Humidity from hot showers and baths can damage your artwork so choose pieces that can easily be replaced, or are moisture-proof.
Use the right hardware
- Safety is key when hanging a piece with glass in the bathroom. Be sure it’s fastened securely to avoid an accident.
- Alternatively, replace the glass in the frame with plexiglass which is more impact resistant.
- Place Anchor Points on the bottom corners of your frame to keep it in place and straight.
Make sure to sign up to receive our blog posts so you can have them delivered straight to your inbox.
What’s hanging on the walls of your bathroom?
Co-Founder of Under The Roof Decorating