4th of July party décor
If you’re planning a get together for the 4th of July and are looking for easy decorating ideas for your dining table, you’ll love these tips. Here’s how to create a red white and blue tablescape that will set the tone for a festive party atmosphere that will impress your family and friends.
When hosting a party my motto is “keep it simple” and what could be simpler than decorating with balloons to create instant party fun. Red white and blue balloons were the perfect choice for July 4th festivities. I chose white ribbon for all the balloons to keep the look simple and to focus on the balloons versus the strings. I just love how the balloons are floating above the table, it’s like they’re creating a floating chandelier.
The toughest part of my decorating project was getting the balloons to behave in my car. First I had to shove them all in the back without any of them escaping, then drive with a rear view mirror reflecting balloons. Fortunately, I didn’t have far to drive.
Where to start?
- First, I folded my large white tablecloth in three to create a wide table runner. I wanted to leave some of the wood table exposed versus covering it all.
- To add visual interest, I added another layer with two smaller beigy/creamy runners that I placed back to back to fit the entire length of the table.
- Next, I displayed three tealight IKEA lanterns in the centre of the table. I chose the small lanterns because the tiny stars reminded me of the stars on the American flag. The lanterns can also be used both outdoor and indoor so they’re prefect for your picnic table or garden.
- I attached a balloon to each lantern and small mason jar alternating with red white and blue to create interest.
- I filled the jars with rice and I’m planning to add votive candles in each to use them outside on my picnic table.
- Blue polka dot napkins on dinner plates add fun to the table setting and blue cups, silver stars, and red and white ribbon reinforce the all over Independence Day theme.
- Next, have fun!
There you go, simple and affordable ideas to get your weekend party celebrations started.
How are you planning to celebrate this 4th of July? We’d love to hear from you, share your plans in the comment box below.
Thanks for stopping by! Talk to you soon,
Co-Founder of Under The Roof Decorating