Nowadays you’ll find picture frames that are sold without any hanging hardware, which can be very frustrating. Simply hanging your piece by the frame is definitely not an option, as it’s not safe. One way to solve the problem is by installing a sawtooth hook to your frame. Before you start, make sure to check the specifications on the hook’s packaging to see how much weight it can safely hold.
Don’t be intimidated by the steps, the process is easier than you’d think.
- Find the centre of the frame.
- Make a pencil mark at the centre point.
- Align the middle of the sawtooth hook with the mark (note: some sawtooth hooks have a mark in the middle to make this step easier).
- Make sure the hanger can’t be seen from above the top of the frame.
- Using a hammer, gently tap in the nails.
- Some sawtooth hooks come with screws rather than nails. If using screws, pre-drill the holes using a small drill bit to prevent the frame from splitting and be sure not to over-tighten them, which could also cause the frame to split.
Voilà! You’re done. Let us know how you did!
Other articles you might also like:
At Under The Roof Decorating, we make picture hanging easy. Our innovative products and helpful tips make it simple to hang almost anything wherever you want – and get it right the first time!