Location: Corporate Office - Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Digital Marketing Specialist
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ Years
Educational Level: BA/BFA in graphic design, interactive/web design, or digital marketing
We are an innovative product design company in an industry ripe for disruption. Home Improvement and Home Décor represent a $26B industry. We design innovative products that make decorating easier. We’re building on the big success of our first, award-winning product, Hang & Level™ The Picture Hanging Tool. We’ve now reached distribution in over 10,000 stores across Canada and the U.S. Our hardworking, entrepreneurial spirit got us here. And we’ve got big plans to reinvent the entire category.
We have a huge opportunity for a highly motivated and strategic Digital Marketer to contribute to our in-house Marketing Team. This position will report directly to the CMO and work closely with the design team. The position will share and execute ideas as part of our marketing and business strategy. This role is responsible for creating high-level design concepts for the daily marketing, seasonal branding, and user experience on all of our digital channels. You will work on homepage marketing, email marketing, site, and mobile UX/UI, cross-channel seasonal campaigns, ratings and review channels, reward and loyalty programs and manage communication with digital partners, in addition to supporting the sales team and other internal projects. The objective of all marketing will be to find the best solutions that increase customer loyalty, build a community around our brand and our products, and most importantly, help convert online traffic into lifelong customers.
The role creates and maintains digital marketing for our brand and major retail partners.
As a member of our marketing team, you will turn ideas and concepts into effective designs that will further optimize the customer experience across all our digital channels, and analyze the resulting data to make the designs more effective. To be successful at UTR, you'll also need a flexible personality to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, reactive environment - a cross-function between big-box retail demands and direct to consumer e-commerce demands.
- Conceptualize, design and maintain a wide variety of digital assets for use on homepages, landing pages, emails, banners, and special projects, etc.
- Use the digital marketing funnel to help create digital campaigns that convert
- Use the Facebook business engine along with other social media marketing platforms to amplify awareness and help convert leads
- Develop innovative proof-of-concept designs and present to cross-functional and cross-brand partners to gain buy-in for execution
- Implement these digital designs and track the resulting change in viewer behavior, analyzing and demonstrating ways to increase their effectiveness
- Conceptualize, execute and analyze seasonal campaigns using our brand aesthetic across all of our digital channels
- Fulfill a wide range of digital creative marketing material requests -- invitations, photography, videography, social media creative assets, and other media needs in support of the marketing and sales functions.
- Work closely with project managers, merchants, marketing team and copy team to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project
- Work with our SaaS partners(email marketing, reviews and ratings, loyalty programs) and front-end developers to lead & execute UX/UI projects
- Ability to support business and creative goals through design thinking
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and visual
- Ability to quickly generate multiple concepts and articulate the advantages of each
- Ability to meet all deadlines under pressure, and the ability to react to unexpected schedule changes and fluctuations in workload, based on retail and eCommerce demand, with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze the impact of existing campaigns, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to review final work with an exacting eye and meticulous attention to detail to ensure delivered files are to spec
- Expert in using Facebook Business Manager
- Ability to execute multiple Facebook marketing campaigns to drive online sales
- Solid understanding of SaaS-based platforms specific to eCommerce and lead generation (email marketing, reviews and ratings, loyalty programs)
- Ability to lead and execute an inbound marketing strategy
- BA/BFA in digital marketing, graphic design, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in digital marketing/graphic/web design (agency or corporate setting).
- Strong B2B/B2C experience desired; eCommerce experience required
- Strong understanding of user experience and user interface principles and practices
- Strong understanding of all common social media platforms
- Experience in SaaS-based platforms - Hootsuite, Yotpo, Smile, Hubspot
- Strong understanding and experience in Shopify (setup/page creation/template modification)
- Experienced in understanding and interpreting analytics from Google, Shopify, and other various digital marketing platforms etc.
- Solid written, illustration, photography, typography and videography skills
- Fluent in Photoshop, illustrator, etc.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS/XML
This position offers a competitive annual base salary and is eligible for yearly team bonuses and share options.