Location: Corporate Office - Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Digital Marketer
Relevant Work Experience: 3+ Years
Educational Level: BA/BFA in digital marketing, graphic design, or a related field
What we’re all about
We’re the big picture kind of people.
At Under The Roof Decorating (UTR Decorating), we design innovative products that make decorating easier. Home Improvement and Home Décor represent a $26 billion industry, and we’re passionately disrupting this landscape. We’re not afraid to chart our own path and make big waves. When we see common issues in the biz, we set our sights on solving them.
Make no mistake, though. We don’t just talk the talk - we walk the walk. We’re building on the big success of our first, award-winning product, Hang & Level™ The Picture Hanging Tool. We’ve now reached distribution in over 10,000 stores across Canada and the United States, and have expanded a whole line of decorating products. Our hardworking, entrepreneurial spirit got us here, and we’re keen on disrupting the Home Décor category.
Our team? We’re not too shabby either.
We know how to get jiggy with it. Among other high level behaviours that is. Don’t get too used to the idea of working in isolation. We like to lean on each other for support. Sometimes that comes in the form of infectious chatter and camaraderie. Other times, it has us challenging each other, challenging our thinking to come up with the best solutions. As for snacks? We’ve got plenty. What can we say? We like to nourish our brains on all fronts.
We’re also all cut from different and brilliant cloths, which make our team uniquely fierce. Every day at UTR Decorating we are challenged to do better than we did yesterday.
We have an incredible opportunity for an enthusiastic and strategic digital marketer to contribute to our in-house marketing team. This position will report directly to the CMO and work closely with the design team. They will be responsible for creating high-level design concepts for daily retail marketing, seasonal branding, and user experience on all of our digital channels.
Our next superstar is:
A flexible digital curator who’s always up to bat challenges, is a natural communicator, and isn’t shy to flex their creativity in a techno-saturated world. Our dream person is a lifelong learner, itching to elevate their marketing and branding skills to the next level while dedicated to fortifying brand awareness and identity. They thrive in a fast-paced, reactive environment, and can maneuver between big-box retail demands and direct to consumer e-commerce demands.
The nitty-gritty of what you’ll do:
- Create and maintain digital retail marketing for our brand and big box retail accounts
- Conceptualize, design, and maintain a wide variety of digital assets for use on home pages, landing pages, email marketing, banners, social media, ratings and review channels, and special projects, etc.
- Transform ideas and concepts into effective designs that further optimize the customer experience across all of our digital channels
- Use the digital marketing funnel to help create digital campaigns that convert into sales
- Understand and analyze viewer behavioural data by optimizing Google Analytics
- Utilize Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) for Shopify, heat mapping for Crazy Egg, develop social proof and loyalty/rewards via Yotpo, BazaarVoice, and Smile
- Develop marketing strategy for chatbots, Intercom and Messenger
- Use Facebook business along with other social media marketing platforms to amplify awareness and help convert leads
- Develop innovative proof-of-concept designs and present to cross-functional and cross-brand partners to gain buy-in for execution
- Find and implement the best solutions that increase customer loyalty and build a community around our brand and products
- Convert onlines traffic into sales and lifelong customers
- Support the sales team and other internal projects
- Work closely with project managers, merchants, marketing team and content team to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project
- Work with our SaaS partners(email marketing, rating and review platform, loyalty programs) and developers to lead & execute UX/UI projects
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BFA in digital marketing, graphic design, or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in digital marketing/web design (agency or corporate setting)
- Must have CRO experience
- eCommerce experience is required
- Must be a data-driven marketer
- Must understand and be able to provide detailed and specific examples around ROAs
- UX UI design experience (Shopify)
- Aptitude in creating email series for ecommerce in HTML format with built-in CSS
- Ability to execute multiple marketing campaigns to drive online sales
- Strong understanding of user experience and user interface principles and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of all common social media platforms
- Strong understanding and experience in Shopify (setup/page creation/template modification)
- Experienced in interpreting analytics from Google, Shopify, and other various digital marketing platforms, etc.
- Strong “always testing” mindset
- Keen observance to details
- Ability to support business and creative goals through design thinking
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and visual
- Ability to quickly generate multiple concepts and articulate the advantages of each
- Superb time management skills with the ability to thrive under pressure, tight timelines, and unexpected schedule changes and fluctuations in workload, based on retail and ecommerce demands
- Ability to lead and execute an inbound marketing strategy
Brownie points if:
- You have a solid understanding of HTML/CSS/XML
- You are skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- You have strong B2B/B2C experience
- You have experience in SaaS-based platforms such as Klaviyo, Yotpo, Smile, ShopMessage, Intercom
- You are experienced in Chatbots and Messenger marketing
- You have expertise in Facebook Ads
This position offers a competitive annual base salary and is eligible for yearly team bonuses and share options.
- Health benefit scheme
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid company holidays
- Casual dress code
- Parking (bike or vehicle) available
- Kickass colleagues
Do we check off your boxes? Make your mark with UTR Decorating and apply today!