Location: Corporate Office - Calgary, AB
Job Type: Full Time
Position: Content & Event Coordinator
Relevant Work Experience: 1+ Years
Educational Level: Social Media / Marketing / Design course or related
We are an innovative product design company in an industry ripe for disruption. Home Improvement and Home Décor represent a $26B industry. We design innovative products that make decorating easier. We’re building on the big success of our first, award-winning product, Hang & Level™ The Picture Hanging Tool. We’ve now reached distribution in over 10,000 stores across Canada and the U.S. Our hardworking, entrepreneurial spirit got us here. And we’ve got big plans to reinvent the entire category.
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and hardworking content coordinator to contribute to our in-house content team. This position will report directly to the EVP and work closely with the design and marketing team. The position will execute ideas as part of our content and marketing strategy. This role is responsible for executing daily content needs for our blog/vlog, social media, and various marketing initiatives be it for our own eCommerce platform or for our retail partners. You will work on bringing decorating ideas to life both visually and on our blog/vlog. You will be responsible for organizing and managing photo shoots, campaign shoots, and local events with realtors, builders, customers, and other independent retailers.
The role is intended to be one of an executor for all content, social media initiatives, and events for our brand.
As a member of our content team, you will be an executor of vision, ideas, and concepts for our digital channels. To be successful at UTR, you'll need a flexible personality to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, reactive environment - a cross-function between big-box retail demands and direct to consumer e-commerce demands.
- 1+ year experience in content development and/or copy editing, preferably with a design/decorating focus
- Possess an engaging writing style, creativity, and excellent attention to detail
- Able to think strategically and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to multitask, perform efficiently and work well under tight deadlines
- Able to manage own workflow while coordinating with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed
- Willing to take direction if and when needed, but also work independently
- Able to respond positively to peer criticism and feedback
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Display a dependable, strong work ethic
- Able to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment
- Experience in photography, videography
- Deep experience with common social media platforms
- Understanding of analytics tools and the ability to analyze the performance of content posts
- All candidates must submit 2 writing samples for consideration.
- Develop content calendar and schedule in conjunction with EVP
- Plan and coordinate materials and setups needed for content creation
- Create content assets (photos / videos) with EVP
- Select and manage visual assets for various content channels (blog, social media)
- Draft content as well as to adapt content to various social platforms
- Draft design/decor marketing content for multiple digital platforms
- Support other content creators through collaboration on story ideas and research
- Post content to the blog and versions to our other social media platforms
- Monitor and analyze content postings to provide feedback on the effectiveness of content and suggest ways of improving
- New Media / Social Media / Marketing / Design course or related
- Very strong written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong editing skills
- Strong photography and videography skills
- Familiar with content publishing systems like WordPress or Shopify blog platform
- Familiar with social media platforms
- Solid Photoshop skills
This position offers a competitive annual base salary and is eligible for yearly team bonuses and share options.
- Generous medical compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid company holidays
- FREE parking